RSS

on my recent hatred for pretween/tween/and teenage girls.

ok so i work at a school and we have a lower school and a middle school.  in addition to my teaching duties i also have middle school supervision.  i pretty much babysit middle schoolers for their breaks and lunch.  this has left me lots of time to observe them as if they were animals, because they truly are.  i become so annoyed with them it drives me nuts so i have decided to dissect this situation to better understand my hatred.

1. tween girls are attention whores:
i don't know why they are such attention whores but they are.  they yell louder, they laugh louder, they squeal and run around in a flurry.  perhaps it is their first social experience with boys or the first realization that they are social beings but these lil bitches want your attention.  they want to be noticed by their peers so obviously being loud is their way of being recognized.  this discovery is much to my dismay, because i don't give a fuck about them and they are giving me a migraine.


2. tween girls are just discovering personal space/touching:
i swear hugging is the new hello. people used to handshake or high-five but these kids hug.  it's like there is a morning hug, every class break hug, hug at lunch, after lunch, hug after school...it goes on and on.  there are girls hugging girls and then there are girls hugging guys and it's very different.  there is a lingering awkwardness to it.  like a slow dance without music....eww!  i know when i was in middle school and pretty much all of high school i had a NO TOUCHING policy.  i was just not comfortable with touching people. i am over it now but i am SO HAPPY i was not one of those "hug-happy" girls.

3. tween girls think they are the shit:
i get it.  you think you're cool because you are young.  i was young too!  it felt like just yesterday then i woke up and it had been 10 years.  SO GET OVER IT.  you tell them to do something and they look right through you.  i don't mean to rain on their parade but you're not too good to listen to someone with a little experience bitches.  don't get me wrong, 5th graders and even 6th graders are not that bad...but they hit 7th grade (or maybe it's just puberty) and a switch flips.  what was a sweet girl becomes an annoying brat with with an ego only matched by attitude.  maybe it's not all girls but the bad ones really grate me!  

all of these things bring to me the ultimate question: was i that girl?  was i that starved for attention?  did i disrespect adults or annoy the shit out of them at the movies?  i swear there are so many lil bitches at the movies it looks like a damn fieldtrip.  and i know i hung out at the movies all the time at that age so i hope adults didn't think that about me!  maybe this all boils down to me being upset that i feel so old.  who knows but until then these little ones need to "look up to me and not just because you're short!" lol.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They don't know any better.

Anonymous said...

They don't know any better.

Unknown said...

I am a teen and I don't post pictures on Facebook every min on me. I don't hug every person. Actually I don't hug any person. I DON'T like hugs! I don't want to be noticed I have friends I cant ask for much more! :) Some of us are still there. Don't be stereotypical! Im a tomboy and that's the way I like it

Anonymous said...

Are you serious man? Girls in my school never want to hug. if you get hugs from girls and you are a guy than you are lucky.

Post a Comment